- The CCC is a consultative body whose role is to represent a broad range of community interests related to the proposed wind farm’s assessment and ongoing operation. The details of the CCC can be found here.
In 2014, during the 1st information session held by EPYC, expressions of interest forms were made available for people interested in participating as part of the CCC. The forms were also made available via the website.
Those who completed expression of interest forms received an application package and completed applications were forwarded to the DP&E for its review.
In September 2014, after an evaluation by the DP&E of the CCC process, the Department announced it would be responsible for selecting committee members. Consequently in December 2014, DP&E directed EPYC to initiate an additional call for expressions of interest from the community to participate in the CCC. Expressions of interest were widely advertised in the local media.
In June 2015, DP&E announced the community members appointed to participate in the CCC as well as the independent Chair.
The CCC for the Jupiter Wind Farm is comprised of:
- An independent chairperson
- 7 representatives from the local community
- One representative from each of Palerang and Goulburn-Mulwaree councils
- 2 to 3 representatives nominated by and representing EPYC
The first CCC meeting was held on August 5, 2015 at the local Tarago Hall. There have been several meetings held to date since August 2015 with additional meetings planned for 2016.
The minutes of these meetings will be made available on this website upon finalization and endorsement by the committee and the chairperson. The minutes can be accessed through the following links.